Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Our Story with Mustang Water SUD - Paloma Creek / Aubrey

Since moving into residence at Paloma Creek/Aubrey in 2006, there has been only ONE choice for Water, Sewage, and Trash services - Mustang Water SUD. Their fee structure and billing policies are unlike any utility we've dealt with. It's outrageous that this area has NO OTHER choices for service. Electric service is the same way. BEWARE BEFORE YOU BUY A HOME IN PALOMA CREEK, SAVANNAH or PROVIDENCE COMMINUTIES - we would not have bought here if we'd better known the issues with utilities.

MUSTANG WATER BILLING AND SERVICE POLICIES
------------------------------------------
Typically our bill arrives in the middle of the month prior to the due date on the 14th-16th generally. The due date is on the 1st. Up to this point, the policy is acceptable and understandable - we do our best to have payment in before or by the first each month.

1st Late Fee
-------------
If payment is not made payment by two days after the due date, a $10 fee is charged. I understand late fee, but think more than two days should be allowed before charging a fee for paying late. SOLUTION: if someone hasn't paid within 7 days of the due date, charge the $10 late fee.

2nd Late Fee and Reconnect Fee
-------------------------------
If payment is not made by ten days after the due date (Here's where the policies and fees get abusive and they take advantage customers) - a $60 FEE IS CHARGED!! Also, they will disconnect your service that same day and charge a $50 fee to reconnect it!

Again, I understand the idea of charging another late fee, but there should be more than 10 days allowed before charging ANOTHER FEE and the fee should not be SIX TIMES the amount of the first late fee! Then, they disconnect and charge a $50 fee. $110 dollars and it's not even been 30 days since you rec'd your bill! SOLUTION: if someone hasn't paid within 14 days of the due date, charge another fee of $20 - twice the amount of the first fee. Then, notify them that service will be disconnect if payment isn't recieved by the due date of the next bill.

Government regulation and involvment with utilities has been prevalent in large communities for years - how has Mustang SUD gotten away with this for so long?

SPEAK UP and let government know what is happening:
http://www.mustangwater.com
http://www.twua.org/contact.php
http://www.yelp.com/biz/mustang-special-utility-district-aubrey

TAKE A LOOK AT ALL OF THE OTHER FEES in our posts

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for this post. I was googling the words 'mustang water abuses’. This is a very serious thing going on in Paloma creek, a quiet neighborhood whose residents suffer silently. I have been hit with these fees numerous times and as of today, i have paid more than 1000 dollars in fees. Like you, I regret very much moving into Paloma creek, and I plan to move out of here very very soon.

    Even after paying the water bill and reconnect fees, totaling more than 300 dollars today, it has been more than six hours and my service is off. I drove to the office and was told my services would be turned back on today. Mustang water special district is extremely inefficient. On my was back from their offices, I tried to talk to one of their many drivers patrolling the neighborhood turning water off, but he was too cowardly to talk to me and drove off in a hurry.

    I just was to warn anyone reading this or thinking of buying a home in Paloma creek. Please avoid this place like the plague. You will not like what you will find here. If you do not believe me, please stop by and talk to two or three home owners and ask them if they regret living in Paloma creek. The water in Paloma creek comes from Lake Lavon and the quality is not very good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a misunderstanding regarding Mustang. Mustang does NOT set any of the rates, or payment policies for Paloma Creek, Providence, or Savannah. The subdivision is actually a separate government body from Mustang, and they set the rates and policies for you. This gov't. is called Denton County Fresh Water Supply District 8 or 11 (FWSD) for Paloma North/South.

    The FWSD has a Board of Directors that represent you. They were originally appointed by the Developer of the subdivision. Mustang is only an outside contractor to enforce the FWSD rates and policies.

    If you do not like the water and wastewater policies, you need to contact your FWSD 8 or 11 Board of Directors. Mustang is not your problem.

    Also, your water comes from Lake Lewisville, not Lake Lavon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear @380area
    Mustang Water are Crooks!
    They will charge you money that they are not entitled to and if you don't pay up, they will shut off your water. I was on automatic bill-pay with them, I switched banks and called them to tell them that I switched banks so do not take the money out of my account or it will bounce. Well, they took the money out anyway and it bounced. I had already paid my full bill out of my new account. They still shut off my water and then charged me over $300 by the time this was all over…that was on top of the $120 I had already paid on my bill ($20 over what I owed)....ever since, I try paying between $10-$20 every month over what I owe...and instead of crediting my account by $10-$20, the just charge me an extra $10-$20!! Oh, and I moved out 2 months ago and have not used any water (my water usage was less than $2 for the past 2 months) yet, they are still charging me close to $100 for something called "Adjustments". I moved out of Providence because of them I LOVE Providence Village…but they are the WORST!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been a mustang water customer for over ten years. I was late on a bill this month. I missed it. The disconnected my service!! Mind you late is ten days!! REALLY talk about no customer service. But when a company is a monopoly they can do what they want. Companies wonder why the government gets involved in their business and regulates them....Hmmm I wonder why???

    ReplyDelete